Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Home In Love


So I got an encouraging email from a friend yesterday, and in it he encouraged me to to go on a new journey with the Lord of not working for Him, but walking with Him. It got me thinking of how sometimes, ( well most of the time), all us disciples of Jesus strive so hard to please Him and have a good performance here on planet earth. We spend our time, energy, and money on leadership training classes, new study guides, 12 step better christian programs, and so many other things that are suppose to keep our passion burning for Jesus. When in truth Jesus, already gave us the clear one step program to remain passionate and in love with Him. Check out John in the Message Bible:

I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you're joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can't produce a thing. - John 15:5

Then skip a few verses:

I've loved you the way my Father has loved me. Make yourselves at home in my love. If you keep my commands, you'll remain intimately at home in my love. That's what I've done—kept my Father's commands and made myself at home in his love.
- John 15:9-10


Instead of trying to accomplish a great work on our own, we must abide in the Love of Christ. It's an amazing invitation from the Lord to make ourselves at home in His Love. So do this one thing with me this week...Instead of trying to accomplish some "great" work for the kingdom, lets focus on resting and abiding in the Love of the Father. Lets change our focus from changing the world to being great Sons & Daughters. Think about how we act when we are at home:

we are relaxed, take our shoes off, have no pressure to perfrom, we catch up on our favorite shows, waste hours on facebook, we sing out loud in the shower...WE ARE FREE!!!


This week lets just spend time at HOME in the love of Daddy. Be carefree, take your shoes off, hang out on facebook with Jesus...make our goal spending time with Him...and out of abiding in His love....We will all change the world naturally, the way Jesus did!


GRACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment