Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Obedience Test


I listened to a message yeaterday by Larry Randolph, and he was speaking of obedience. It got me thinking that what fun it would be to ask the Lord to test my obedience to His voice. To work out my muscle of responding to His voice basically. In 1 Samuel 15:22, Samuel states to Saul that:
"Do you think all God wants are sacrifices—
empty rituals just for show?
He wants you to listen to him!
Plain listening is the thing,
not staging a lavish religious production.
Not doing what God tells you
is far worse than fooling around in the occult."(The Message)

We all have the tendency to fall into mindless religious rituals. We tithe, attend church, give to the poor, read our Bibles all because it's the "good Christian" thing to do. Yet are hearts are detached from these acts, and we have become numb to His voice and what He is specifically asking us to do today. We miss the little things He is asking of us everyday by always running around in religious acts of sacrifice. When what He wants is to be able to speak to us at random times and for us to respond.

So join me this week as I ask God to test my obedience to His voice. I am asking that He speaks to me at Random times in awkward situations to grow my faith in hearing His voice. To pray for people in public, or give away money to a complete stranger, and it might even be as simple as getting up at 6am just to sit with Him. Fasten your seatbelts though because it's going to be a radical trip in faith this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment